Connect with us

News

Texas relaxed coronavirus restrictions, reopens all business 100%, removes statewide mask mandate.

Published

on

Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Tuesday announced that all type of business across the state will resume their function fully and the statewide mask mandate rule will be relaxed this week.

He stated that all type of business will be allowed to reopen 100% effective from Wednesday onwards and announcing the end to restrictions that are implemented to slow down the spreading of Coronavirus. Abbott mentioned the reasons for such a decision to end the restrictions as the increased distribution of virus vaccine and declining hospitalization rates across the state.

He said that Texas is in a better position now when compared to October where he issued his last executive order. He also declares any private business that wishes to limit its capacity or ready to impose other virus prevention measures are allowed to do so without seeking confirmation from the government.
He said, it is their business and they have the choice of operating the business in a way they want to.
Currently, there is no need for the State to suggest the people or any businesses to control their business operations.
Earlier on Tuesday the governor Greg Abbott reported a new record 216000 Texans has been vaccinated in a single day for Covid-19 related issues.
Not to mention Texas is currently distributing more than one million vaccine doses per week. This could be the main reason for the declining hospitalization rates in recent times.

In previous executive orders, Governor Abbott restricted the businesses to allow occupancy of less than 75%. In some areas, he restricted hospitals to allow maximum occupancy of 50% where covid patients already have occupied 15% of the hospital beds.
The new order will remove all restrictions to the hospitals and allow 100% occupancy. It also gives the local officials, the ability to impose COVID mitigation strategies locally.

Abbott said if COVID hospitalisations in 22 regions of the state have an occupancy of more than 15% for straight seven days. Then the county judge in that region may use COVID mitigation strategies.
He said under no condition the county judge can put anybody who does not follow the COVID rules to jail.  Also, no penalties will be charged for failing to wear a mask.
Despite the relaxation, the federal health officials warn the State that lifting all the restrictions seem too early as the new version of Coronavirus is still hard to determine by the experts.

On Monday, U.S. Centres for Disease Control Director Dr Rochelle Walensky mentioned that at this level of cases spreading continuously the organisations may lose their hard-earned ground which they have gained so far.
He also worried about the reports that state more number of organisations in other States which are rolling out the preventive measures that they strongly recommend to protect people from Coronavirus.

State Democrats are begging the governor to roll back the order of lifting the statewide mask mandate rule.

Despite many objections, State’s House Speaker welcomed and appreciated the governor’s decision.

Texas is approaching a condition of exercising to protect individuals against Covid-19. This can be achieved through greater access to vaccinations, reducing hospitalisation rates and introducing better treatment options, said by Phelan.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

This Anti-Trump Republican is About to Go Down

Published

on

Members of the G.O.P. are scheduled to vote tomorrow to expel Conference Chair Liz Cheney from the No. 3 leadership post. The Wyoming Republican, daughter of former vice president Dick Cheney, is a vocal critic of Donald Trump even though they belong to the same party. This move to get her out of her position is a huge sign that Trump still has a powerful grip on the Republican Party. 

Cheney’s problems with her party sprouted from the January 6 Capitol riots, wherein a throng of Trump supporters mobbed the Congress. A few days after that chaotic event, Liz Cheney was among the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for incitement of insurrection. The impeachment was unsurprisingly supported by the Democrats but the Republican-dominated Senate acquitted then-president Donald Trump.

House Republicans tried to unseat Cheney from her post as party conference chair but the Republican’s main guy in the lower chamber, Kevin McCarthy, advised members to keep her in that position. Ms Cheney would eventually stay due to a unanimous vote and since then her lambasting of Donald Trump continued for months.

Last week however, Cheney published an anti-Trump article on Washington Post which seemed to annoy McCarthy himself. He thought that the party would be able to move forward after helping to retain Cheney, but because of her continued divisive actions, McCarthy lost his confidence in her, eventually prompting him to take the necessary steps to try to remove her from power. 

This development will thrust Liz Cheney into the Never Trump spotlight further and will make her the face of that leaderless movement. The divided faction has already lost Arizona Senator John McCain when he died in 2018. Meanwhile, centrist Alaskan Senator Lisa Murkowski and Mitt Romney of Utah, with all their waning popularity, don’t seem all-in in the fight against Donald Trump.

Even though the voting is yet to take place, it is most likely that Liz Cheney will be unseated from her post. In fact, the party has already been considering a replacement. Only 36 years young, rising star Elisa Stefanik used to be a staunch Trump critic but went on to become an ally and even defended the former president in his 2019 impeachment trial. She also heavily endorsed Donald Trump during the 2020 campaign, stating that Trump is the “only candidate who is capable of protecting the American Dream”. Upon replacement of Liz Cheney, Elise Stefanik is expected to bring in a much-needed new voice in the House of Representatives.

Continue Reading

News

The White House Condemns Hamas Attacks On Tel Aviv

Published

on

Palestinian militants have launched thousands of rocket attacks on Israel since 2001 and the victims are mostly innocent civilians. These assaults were labelled as terrorism by the United Nations, European Union and Israel. On the other hand, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch classify the violent acts as war crimes. 

Recently, Palestinian militant nationalist organization Hamas attacked Tel Aviv with rockets, causing renewed conflict within the already-chaotic region. The U.S. government has condemned the attacks and called for a halt to the unnecessary mayhem that has left nothing but destruction and has already claimed many lives from both sides.

In an interview with the press, White House press secretary Jen Psaki stated that President Biden is being briefed regularly on the situation in Jerusalem and Gaza. The president’s team is communicating consistently with Israeli and Palestinian officials, along with other leaders in the Middle East, to try to de-escalate the ongoing attacks. 

“The president’s support for Israel’s security, for its legitimate right to defend itself and its people, is fundamental and will never waiver. We condemn ongoing rocket attacks by Hamas and other terrorist groups, including against Jerusalem. We also stand against extremism that has inflicted violence on both communities,” Psaki said.

During a briefing with reporters last Tuesday, State Department spokesman Ned Price stated “The loss of life of innocent Palestinian civilians, innocent Israelis, is something we deeply regret. It is precisely why we are doing everything we can, we are doing everything we can in coordination with our international partners to put an end to a cycle of escalation and a cycle of violence.”

The fighting has been brewing for many days until it escalated into a full blown attack by Hamas, which led to retaliatory strikes from Israel. There would’ve been more destruction in Tel Aviv, but fortunately they have intercepted some of the rockets in the sky, before they reach their targets.

National Security adviser Jake Sullivan has kept in touch with some allies in the Egyptian government and his Israeli counterpart Meir Ben-Shabbat. National Security Council spokeswoman Emily Horne informed the media that Sullivan sent a message that expressed support and encouraged peace. 

“He conveyed the President’s unwavering support for Israel’s security and for its legitimate right to defend itself and its people, while protecting civilians. He also conveyed the United States’ encouragement of steps toward restoring a sustainable calm. They agreed to continue to stay in close touch,” Horne told reporters.

Continue Reading

News

Pentagon Advances Probe Into UFO Sightings

Published

on

he theory that other life forms exist across the universe is nothing new to American society, modern or otherwise. However, throughout decades of pursuit by scientists and fanatics, there has been very little evidence that they exist. Thankfully, the military has the means to observe alien phenomena. They have the technology to fly in the sky on any given day and provide the surveillance needed.

Recently the Pentagon is investigating the military on their policies regarding the way they handle UFO sightings. This conduct evaluation was deemed necessary especially when the Pentagon recently confirmed the veracity of three leaked video footages, including one that featured a flying triangular object that was captured by a Navy pilot back in 2019. 

The leaked videos prompted the Department of Defense to establish the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF) back in August 2020. The Pentagon stated “The Department of Defense established the UAPTF to improve its understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of UAPs. The mission of the task force is to detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security.”

“The Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report. This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing,” the Pentagon added.

The 2021 Intelligence Authorization Act that was passed back in December 2020, commands intelligence agencies and the Defense Department to craft a report on what they know about unidentified aerial phenomena. This piece of information will then be submitted to the lawmakers for further scrutiny.

Science fiction fans must be really excited for the past few years for these revelations. The fact that UAPs are already being taken seriously by the Pentagon and other agencies is a huge development. However, we must remember that this is not proof that we have visitors from other planets. In fact, we are nowhere close to uncovering alien activity. 

With the technology that we have today, there are possibilities that those flying objects were just manmade. Regular citizens like you and I can afford to buy drones and capture footage of our world. So it is not surprising to know that what we have seen could just be some type of unmanned aircraft. The bigger concern of the government and the military right now, is that these UAPs might be deployed by rival superpowers to spy on American offensive and defensive capabilities.

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our newsletter

Recent Posts

Trending

Copyright © 2020 - Power Of The Americans