Connect with us

News

A man accused of murder in New Jersey.

Published

on

Sean Lannon, 47, said he was responsible for the New Jersey and New Mexico murders, and that he killed his wife and others, including “11 others,” assistant attorney general for Gloucester County in the suburbs of Philadelphia, New Jersey, he said during a hearing on Friday.

“He confessed to killing a total of 16 people … 15 in New Mexico and one in New Jersey. I understand the FBI is assisting the state of New Mexico in their investigation,” Gutierrez said.

Authorities allege in court documents that the confession came in a phone call with a family member who told Gloucester County investigators that Sean Lannon expressed regret.

Sean Lannon was arrested in St. Louis Wednesday morning after a search stretched from New Jersey to Missouri. He was driving a stolen car from Michael Dabkowski, the victim from New Jersey. It’s behind bars in New Jersey.

He was charged with breaking into the home of 66-year-old Dabkowski and hitting him with a hammer on Monday, according to an affidavit.

Sean Lannon is also someone of concern about the death of his wife and three other people in New Mexico. Authorities say a car was discovered last week in a garage in Albuquerque International Support, New Mexico’s largest airport, that contained four bodies.

The bodies were later identified as Jennifer Sean Lannon, 39; Matthew Miller, 21 years old; Justin Mata, 40 years old; Randall Apostallone, 60 years old. Sean Lannon lived 80 miles (130 kilometres) in Grants, New Mexico. On Friday, Gutierrez claimed that Sean Lannon had confessed to luring several victims into a New Mexico home and dismembering some of them.

Other than the five deaths that investigators have already described, authorities have not previously reported any other killings that Lannon has suspected. He was only charged with the murder in New Jersey and has not been charged in any New Mexico case.

Attorney General Frank Unger questioned the probable cause of the New Jersey murder charge, arguing that Lannon entered Dabkowski’s home in East Greenwich Township with permission and that the ensuing actions amounted to, at worst, manslaughter by emotional provocation, NJ.com reported.

Unger claimed that Lannon was mistreated and went home to retrieve the photos because he didn’t want anyone to have “greater control over me”.

They reported that Dabkowski directed Lannon and his twin brother through the ‘Big Brothers’ show in the 1980s. Lannon told investigators that Dabkowski had sexually assaulted him as a child and that he went to the guy’s house to retrieve explicit sexual pictures of the two of them together.

Unger said that Dabkowski “has documented these sexual assaults, these rapes, by taking pictures of himself with Mr.  Lannon in sexually penetrated positions.”

Unger said Lannon retrieved two of the hammers from Dabkowski’s garage and gave them to the victim, saying, “You will need them. I don’t want to hurt you.”

He said, “I would like to point out that this fact alone makes it clear that it was not a premeditated murder. He did not even bring a gun to the house,” claiming as well that Dabkowski attacked his client and was later killed. Unger also questioned prosecutors’ comments about the New Mexico killings, saying that Lannon had not been charged in those cases.

New Jersey Supreme Court Judge Mary Beth Kramer asked prosecutors to limit their presentation to information relevant to the New Jersey case but allowed limited references to the New Mexico cases.

Gutierrez said New Mexico victims had been lured into a home and said the idea of ​​inviting Lannon to Dabkowski’s home “should be viewed through the lens of at least three previous incidents in New Mexico.”

“These people were undoubtedly lured into the house and then killed,” he said.

Unger defended his pre-trial release, saying that his client had no prior convictions and was an honourably discharged veteran.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

This former U.N. Ambassador wants America to save the world again

Published

on

Former ambassador to the United Nations and administrator for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Samantha Power recently expressed her wishes to bring back America’s prestige by administering vaccines all over the world. This ambitious goal requires the revival of USAID’s capacity and influence to help other nations recover from this pandemic.

Created in 1961 under the John F. Kennedy administration, USAID was an independent agency of the American Federal Government, tasked to deliver foreign aid, as well as development assistance. The agency has been a major force in providing disaster and poverty relief for low-income countries. USAID also focuses on environmental and world issues along with U.S. national interests and socioeconomic development. Unfortunately, USAID has lost much authority in the global arena after the 60’s, as governments started focusing on other

Last month, Samantha Power was confirmed as administrator for USAID through a 68-26 vote by the U.S. Senate. Even though this is her first time working for the agency, her experience in the humanitarian field and as a diplomat is most valuable for the government. Her wisdom working as a U.N. ambassador under Obama’s term, back to her beginnings as a war correspondent in Bosnia is a beacon of light in these dark times.

Power believes that this dream to, once again, bring American aid to poor nations could become true if USAID “is unleashed to design programs around getting vaccines into arms in countries where we’ve worked for generations, for 60 years.” She also believes that, unlike China which relies heavily on big funding, USAID will instead utilize a more grassroots approach. 

The cooperation between the private sector and non-governmental organizations, will be a powerful force behind this project. Because America is a free country where information flows without oppressive regulations, the internet will be an important tool in disseminating information.

During her remarks at her USAID welcome ceremony, she shared her experiences and the struggles that she has witnessed all over the world. Citing America’s remarkable role during times of global adversity.

“I saw it firsthand during the Ebola outbreak that ravaged West Africa in 2014 and gripped the rest of the world in fear.  It was America’s willingness to step into the breach and deploy a whole-of-government effort with USAID at its core that changed the world, that moved the world.  Because America led, because USAID led, the United States was able to rally a coalition of 60 countries to contribute on the ground and secure 134 co-sponsors for a resolution at the UN  Security Council, declaring the epidemic a threat to international peace and security,” Powers said in her speech last April.

Continue Reading

News

This Democrat Thinks Defunding the Police is a Wrong Idea

Published

on

The unfortunate events last May 25, 2020 which led to the death of George Floyd at the hands of a few irresponsible policemen, sparked an endless stream of protests on the streets. It was a chaotic season that has drowned out the underlying coronavirus crisis. Aside from the trending fad that is “Black Lives Matter,” the other famous battle cry was “defund the police.” 

NY City mayoral candidate Andrew Yang said in a debate yesterday, that defunding the police isn’t the right approach in New York. He also stressed that these cops need to be told that their city needs them. Fair enough, America is full of good policemen and women on duty, doing their best to protect the citizens by being on the lookout for criminals. For Yang, removing the bad apples while giving the better ones the needed appreciation and motivation, is the correct thing to do.

“The first thing I’d do as mayor is go to our police force and say that ‘Your city needs you. Your city needs you to do your jobs professionally, responsibly and justly.’ But the police are going to be a core way for us to address the public safety concerns that so many New Yorkers have. And let me be clear, defund the police is the wrong approach for New York City,” said Yang.

Andrew Yang suggested reforming the country’s policing methods, which will include forming anti-violence units within the community. These units will be used to enforce safety, by searching for mischievous elements and preventing them from further creating trouble. 

“These are some of the practices that would help make our people safer, but you have to start by saying to the police very clearly that you are vital to our city’s recovery because there is no recovery without public safety,” Yang stated.

The issue of police funding is a hotly debated topic today and an issue that is not very easy to solve. We do understand that crime can only be prevented if society starts from the root by giving young people better options in life. We know that the world is a better place when compassion takes over violence. However, evil is everywhere today and sometimes force is necessary to prevent or pacify that which could hurt innocent citizens.

The best thing to do is to improve the training of the police force. Perhaps they can revise their ways of handling and de-escalating threatening individuals. Providing them knowledge and training is of utmost importance and that too will require a great deal of funding. 

Continue Reading

News

Lockheed Martin Withdraws F-16 Crew from Iraqi Air Base

Published

on

Due to recent militia rocket attacks, U.S. defense contractor Lockheed Martin will withdraw their F-16 fighter jets’ maintenance crew from Balad Air Base in Iraq. Balad is the base of the Iraqi Air Force and is situated in the Sunni Triangle, 40 miles north of the capital city of Baghdad.

“In coordination with the U.S. government and with employee safety as our top priority, Lockheed Martin is relocating our Iraq-based F-16 team. “We value our partnership with the Iraqi Air Force and will continue to work with the Iraq and U.S. governments to ensure mission success going forward,” Lockheed said in an official statement.

Back in February 2020, Lockheed also pulled out their workers from the same airbase after top Iranian commander Maj. Gen. Qasim Soleimani was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Baghdad. Fears of retribution and prolonged conflict with Iran, prompted Lockheed to secure their team under the State Department’s guidance.

For the past months, other federal contractors have already withdrawn from the region. This information was divulged in a Defense Department Inspector General report that was published recently. There is a huge possibility, according to sources, that Lockheed will continue to assist the Iraqi air force remotely.

Back in November last year, the White House made an announcement that thousands of troops will be withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan while a force of 2,500 crews will remain in both countries. Donald Trump’s administration back then, wanted all remaining American troops out by the spring of 2021.

In an interview with the media, national security adviser Robert O’Brien said “by May, it is President Trump’s hope that they will all come home safely — and in their entirety. I want to reiterate that this policy is not new. This has been the president’s policy since he took office.”

About 7,000 American service members were killed since the war in the middle east commenced as a result of the 9/11 attacks on American soil. During his presidential campaign in 2016, Donald Trump made a promise to end the conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

He delivered well during his term, however, the process is a complicated one that requires a lot of effort. Aside from the fact that a total pullout of troops would take a long time to undertake, there are still many legitimate dangers to contend with, even during less chaotic times in the middle east. 

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our newsletter

Recent Posts

Trending

Copyright © 2020 - Power Of The Americans